15-Minute Homemade Ice Cream
What better way to learn how to make homemade ice cream than from an Illinois dairy farm family? Illinois dairy farmer Karen Bohnert and her daughter give us the step by step on making homemade ice cream with just a handful of ingredients and supplies.
- 8 oz. milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 quart size plastic bag
- 1 gallon size plastic bag
- Duct tape
- 3/4 cup ice cream salt
- Bath towel
- Pour milk, heavy whipping cream, sugar and vanilla into a quart size bag. Cover the seal with duct tape to avoid spilling.
- Place your quart size bag into a gallon size bag. Then, fill it with ice.
- Evenly pour ice cream salt over ice.
- Remove all extra air and close the bag.
- Wrap the bag in a bath towel and shake the bag for 10 minutes.
- Remove the ice cream from the bag and enjoy.
While you’re shaking up some ice cream, read more about the Bohnert Jersey Farm in East Moline, Illinois.