Pulled Pork Chili
Pork raised by local Illinois Farmers, like Jen and Brian Sturtevant, gives classic chili an upgrade. Add this recipe into your weekly rotation for a heart-healthy dinner you can feel good about.
- 3 pounds pork shoulder (or loin)
- 28 ounces baked beans (1 can, do not drain, we want all the yummy sauce!)
- 15 ounces tomatoes (1 can, don’t drain.)
- 15 ounces cannellini beans (rinse and drain these, they typically have a thick slimy coating that can be easily rinsed off)
- 1 package chili seasoning (but you could also use a combination of chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and onion powder.)
- 1 cup chicken stock (You can use homemade chicken stock, canned chicken stock, or even bouillon with water.)
- 15 ounces chopped onion (about 2 scant cups)
- chopped onions (Chili Toppings)
- sour cream (Chili Toppings)
- shredded cheese (Chili Toppings)
- pickled jalapenos (Chili Toppings)
- First, add everything to the inner pot of your slow cooker or instant pot.
- Then, stir to mix.
- Next, for Instant Pot: cover and set to manual, then natural pressure release. Or, for slow cooker: cook covered on high or low until pork shreds easily with a fork.
- Finally, remove pork from cooker and shred with a fork. Return to cooker and mix well.
Reposted with permission from Yummly.