Spicy Pork Chili with Pumpkin
Warm up with this fall-inspired chili recipe featuring pork raised by local pig farmers like Drew Kuhn and the Basehaor family.
- 1 1/2 pounds pork sirloin chops (cubed)
- fine sea salt
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onions (chopped)
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 40 ounces pinto beans (drained)
- 30 ounces black beans (drained)
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- Season the pork cubes with salt and pepper to taste. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the pork cubes and chopped onion and sauté. Cook until the pork is lightly browned and the onion is clear.
- In the crock of a 6-quart slow cooker, whisk together the pumpkin puree, tomato sauce, chili powder and garlic powder. Add the meat mixture, beans, tomatoes, and chiles to the pot. Stir well to combine. Cover with the slow cooker lid and cook for 4 hours on HIGH or 6 to 8 hours on LOW.
Recipe courtesy of Pork Be Inspired.