Beef Means Business: More nutrition. Fewer calories.
One ingredient, lots of nutrition. Beef has long been touted as a great protein source, but that’s not all it has to offer! If you’re looking for a way to fuel your body while cutting back on calories, beef is the delicious answer.
In just one 3 oz. cooked serving of beef, you get 10 essential nutrients:
- Protein to preserve and build muscle
- Vitamins B12 and B6 for brain function
- Selenium to protect cells from damage
- Iron to help your body use oxygen
- Choline supports the nervous system
- Zinc to support your immune system
- Phosphorous for strong bones and teeth
- Niacin for energy and metabolism
- Riboflavin to convert food into fuel
All of that nutrition and only 150 calories! If you choose lean or extra-lean beef, a 3 oz. serving has 10 grams or less of fat. If you need another reason to feel good about eating beef, nine extra-lean beef cuts have been certified by the American Heart Association’s® Heart-Check program.
Learn more about beef nutrition and get beef recipes at beefitswhatsfordinner.com.