Beef and Heart Health
Heart health and beef don’t have to be at odds with each other. In fact, recent research from Penn State University found that people who consumed lean beef as part of a heart healthy diet experienced a 10 percent decline in LDL “bad” cholesterol.
Eating beef for a healthy heart means choosing lean cuts, and it really isn’t complicated when you consider that nine extra-lean beef cuts have been certified by the American Heart Association’s® Heart-Check program! USDA Select grades are generally leaner than Prime or Choice, too, so look for Select grade beef for your favorite heart-healthy recipes:
- Extra Lean Ground Beef (96% lean, 4% fat)
- Extra Lean Ground Beef (96% lean, 4% fat) with natural flavors
- Bottom Round Steak (USDA Select grade)
- Sirloin Tip Steak (USDA Select grade)
- Top Sirloin Petite Roast, Boneless (USDA Select grade)
- Top Sirloin Strips (USDA Select grade)
- Top Sirloin Filet (USDA Select grade)
- Top Sirloin Kabob (USDA Select grade)
- Top Sirloin Steak, Boneless, Center Cut (USDA Select grade)
So sit back, relax and enjoy beef as part of your heart healthy diet. Your heart, and your stomach, will thank you!
Need some recipe ideas? Check out Beef It’s What’s For Dinner.