Italian Cupboard Soup
Warm up this National Homemade Soup Day with this savory pork soup, brought to you by Illinois’ dedicated pig farmers. Did you know pork chops come from the loin, which is equally as lean as skinless chicken breast with even more vitamins and minerals? All the more reason to sit back and enjoy this great recipe!
- 2 boneless pork chops (cubed)
- 15 ounces chopped tomatoes (undrained)
- 29 ounces chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 15 ounces cannellini beans (OR great Northern beans, drained and rinsed)
- 8 ounces fresh spinach leaves (torn)
In a deep saucepan, brown the pork in a little oil; add all ingredients except spinach; bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes; stir in torn spinach and cook for 2 minutes more.
Optional serving suggestion: top with a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese just before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Pork. Be Inspired. Image courtesy of the National Pork Board and Pork Checkoff.