Seasonal Vanilla Eggnog
If you’re feeling festive this holiday season, why not try making your favorite holiday drink from scratch! You’ll be supporting local dairy farmers when you do. This real dairy vanilla eggnog garnished with freshly grated nutmeg is sure to make your spirits bright.
- 3 cup pasteurized eggs (or 3/4 cup pasteurized egg product like Egg Beaters)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 cups lowfat milk
- 1 cup lowfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- pinch grated nutmeg
- In a blender, mix eggs and sugar.
- Add milk, yogurt, vanilla and salt; blend until frothy.
- Pour into serving glasses and garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.
Recipe courtesy of Midwest Dairy.