Classic Pumpkin Pie
This is the traditional holiday pumpkin pie. This classic recipe has been on LIBBY’S® Pumpkin labels since 1950. It seems fitting to share their famous pumpkin pie recipe since Libby’s got their start in Chicago back in 1875 and Illinois grows more pumpkins than any other state.
This pie is easy to prepare and even easier to enjoy. Just mix, pour and bake for a delicious homemade tradition!
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz.) Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) Evaporated Milk, (Or substitute with equal amount Lactose-Free or Almond Cooking Milk)
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- Whipped cream (optional, but highly recommended!)
- MIX sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- POUR into pie shell.
- BAKE in preheated 425° F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving, if you’d prefer.
Recipe shared via verybestbaking.com.