Guava Citrus Marinated Grilled Pork Chops
Last summer, foodies and Chicago-area influencers gathered at the Chicago Botanic Gardens with local Illinois farmers for a night of great food and conversation. Illinois farmers Andy Roselius, Drew Kuhn, Joni Bucher and Tammy Wakely shared their agriculture story while guests enjoyed a three-course, seasonally inspired meal.
Try-out the main course with this guava citrus marinated grilled pork chop recipe. As an added bonus, pork can be leaner and more nutritious than chicken and a lot of it is produced right here in Illinois.
- 8 small guavas, seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons of Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper
- 2 lbs of thin pork chops, use your favorite cut
- In a blender or food processor, blend the guavas, garlic, orange juice, cumin, salt and ground pepper until smooth. Taste for flavor and adjust if needed.
If it’s too tart add a tablespoon of sugar.
- Marinate the pork chops with the guava citrus marinade for at least one hour before grilling. Get tips for grilling the perfect pork chops here.
- Top with guava papaya relish, or your favorite salsa.
BONUS: Add some edamame on top for an extra crunch