What’s Cooking Wednesday: S’mores Overnight Oats
Check out this breakfast version of your favorite campfire treat! As if that isn’t incentive enough, this recipe is easy to make the night before so it is ready to microwave and eat in the morning.
From our families to yours, enjoy the food on your table (or in your jar).
- 1/2 cup 2% chocolate milk
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 24 marshmallows miniature
- 1 tablespoon semi-sweet chocolate chips mini
- 1/2 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt or honey, 5.3 ounce container
- graham cracker square for garnish
- In a 1-pint wide-mouth canning jar, or similar heat-proof container, add milk, oats, and chia seeds. Stir mixture until combined.
- Layer half of marshmallows and chocolate chips in jar on top of oat mixture. Spoon half of yogurt onto marshmallows and chocolate chips. Repeat with remaining marshmallows, chocolate chips, and yogurt. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, place covered jar in microwave. Cook 1 minute 15 seconds on high; leave covered and allow to stand 1 minute. Break up graham cracker and sprinkle on top of oats; serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of Midwest Dairy Association.