Frito Corn Salad Recipe
As you stock up on more canned goods, make sure to add sweet corn to your grocery list. Like other fruits and veggies, sweet corn is typically canned or frozen within hours of being picked, locking in that fresh taste and all the nutrients. To find out what happens to the corn stalks and cobs after the sweet corn has been harvested check out this blog post by Illinois farmer Alan Adams.
Looking for a good pantry recipe? Try sweet corn in this delicious Crunchy Frito Corn Salad, compliments of Spend with Pennies.
Frito Corn Salad
- 2 12-14oz cans corn drained, or 3 cups fresh corn off the cob
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 1/2 green pepper diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 4 oz can diced jalapenos drained
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 5 oz Fritos chips
- Combine all ingredients except Fritos in a large bowl and mix well.
- Just before serving, stir in Fritos.