Beef Confetti Taco Salad
It’s time to take Taco Tuesday to the next level. A deconstructed taco will make even the pickiest eater satisfied. From the produce to the protein, make sure to use local ingredients from farmers like Mike and Lynn Martz.
- 1 pound Ground Beef (96% lean)
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup low-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (about one cup)
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings. Stir in salsa; cook 2 minutes. Remove skillet from heat; keep warm.
- Cook’s Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160?°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness
- Line 4 plates with salad greens. Divide beef mixture among 4 plates. Top beef with cheese, tomato, pepper and onion. Garnish with olives and dressing, as desired.
- Cook’s Tip: Optional Toppings: sliced ripe olives, prepared ranch or French dressing
Nutrition information per serving: 221 Calories; 60.3 Calories from fat; 6.7g Total Fat (3.2 g Saturated Fat; 0.2 g Trans Fat; 0.4 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 2.5 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 79 mg Cholesterol; 571 mg Sodium; 8.1 g Total Carbohydrate; 3 g Dietary Fiber; 30.9 g Protein; 3.9 mg Iron; 645 mg Potassium; 7.1 mg Niacin; 0.5 mg Vitamin B6; 2.5 mcg Vitamin B12; 6.5 mg Zinc; 20.9 mcg Selenium; 90.6 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Iron, Potassium, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Dietary Fiber, and Choline.
This recipe was reposted with permission from Beef. It’s What’s for Dinner.