Who doesn’t love a classic chili? You can have a comfort dish ready for you and your family in less than 20 minutes with only 6 ingredients. And farmers such as Megan Dwyer make finding local Illinois beef convenient and possible.
- 1 pound Ground Beef (96% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) unsalted beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) unsalted diced tomatoes
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies or sliced jalapeño peppers
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, sliced green onions, shredded Cheddar cheese, sliced avocado (optional)
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings.
- Cook’s Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
- Stir in beans, broth, tomatoes, green chilies and chili powder; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes to develop flavors, stirring occasionally. Garnish with Toppings, as desired.
This recipe was reposted with permission from Beef. It’s what’s for dinner.