AUTUMN BEEF AND CIDER STEW
With 36 grams of protein per serving, this tangy beef and cider stew is sure to satisfy even the hungriest eaters. Get your fall-fix with this recipe featuring beef raised by local farmers like Mike Martz and Alison McGrew.
- 2 pounds beef Stew Meat, cut into 1 to 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- Cook bacon in stockpot over medium heat until crisp; remove with slotted spoon to paper-towel-lined plate. Brown 1/2 of beef in bacon drippings over medium heat; remove from stockpot. Repeat with remaining beef; season with salt and pepper.
- Return beef and bacon to stockpot. Add soup and cider; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-1/2 hours.
- Add sweet potatoes and cranberries to stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; continue simmering, covered, 20 to 30 minutes or until beef and potatoes are fork-tender.
Recipe courtesy of Beef – it’s whats for dinner.