Balsamic Strawberries with Ricotta Cream
These fresh strawberries are perfectly paired with a sweet and creamy layer of cheeses. Enjoy this sweet treat during June Dairy Month courtesy of Illinois dairy farmers like the Marcoot sisters and Wakeley family!
- 1 cup part-skim Ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 16 ounces strawberries fresh, hulled and quartered (1 container)
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves fresh, cut into ribbons
- Whip ricotta cheese, cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla extract in a medium bowl using an electric mixer. Divide mixture into six serving goblets and chill. Combine vinegar and granulated sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture lightly coats a spoon. Cool completely. Toss strawberries with balsamic syrup. Evenly divide strawberries into each goblet. Sprinkle basil ribbons on each. Serve immediately.