Beef Meatball Kabobs
Lean Ground Beef, fresh parsley and cumin are formed into meatballs and served in flatbreads. Customize with your choice of chopped veggies and tzatziki sauce.
Did you know color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness? Due to the natural nitrate content of certain ingredients often used in meatloaf and meatballs, such as onions, celery and bell peppers, Ground Beef may remain pink even when the recommended 160 degree Fahrenheit internal temperature has been reached. Insert an instant-read thermometer into the center of thickest part of a meatloaf or meatball to check for doneness.
Mediterranean Beef Meatball Kabobs
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 egg whites or 1 whole egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 flatbreads (such as naan, lavash or pita bread)
- Heat oven to 400°F. Combine Ground Beef, breadcrumbs, egg whites, parsley, water, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into sixteen 1-1/4-inch meatballs.
- Thread meatballs onto four 10-inch skewers. Place on rack in broiler pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake in 400°F oven 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove meatballs from skewers. Serve in flatbreads. Garnish with Toppings, as desired.
Recipe courtesy of Beef. It’s what’s for dinner.