CAJUN BEEF AND BEAN BURRITOS
Beefy, spicy and packed with protein – there’s a lot to love about these quick and easy burritos!
- 1 pound beef Top Sirloin Boneless or Top Round Steak, cut 3/4 inch thick or Flank Steak
- 3/4 cup prepared tomatillo or regular prepared salsa, divided
- 1 package (5 to 6.5 ounces) Cajun rice and bean mix
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium flour tortillas (10-inch diameter), warmed
- Tomatillo or regular prepared salsa
- Cut beef Steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick strips. Place beef and 1/2 cup salsa in medium bowl; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Prepare rice and bean mix according to package directions, using 1/4 cup less water and omitting oil or margarine; keep warm.
- Meanwhile remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Do not overcook. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining 1 teaspoon oil and beef. Season with salt.
- Return beef with juices to skillet. Add rice and remaining 1/4 cup salsa; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon 1 cup beef mixture evenly down center of each tortilla, leaving 1-1/2-inch border around edge. Fold bottom edge up over filling. Fold right and left sides to center, overlapping edges. Serve with additional salsa, as desired.
Recipe courtesy of Beef – It’s What’s For Dinner.