Steak, Cheese, Bacon. We’re Excited, too.
If you’re dining in tonight, this bacon-wrapped steak with blue cheese should probably be at the top of your list (video below, but you should read this first). Now your head is probably in one of two places: making a mental note of the ingredients to pick up – which you can find below – or you’re still thinking about bacon (which is fair). But it’s probably safe to say you’re not thinking about where this whole food story started: on a farm.
Bacon Wrapped Steak with Blue Cheese
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 2 beef filets (8-10 oz. each, 1-2 in. thick)
- 2 thin slices of bacon
- 1.5 tablespoon butter or olive oil
Blue Cheese Topping
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 4 teaspoons crumbled blue cheese
- 4 teaspoons plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons minced onion
- Dash ground white pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Coat each filet with salt and pepper and wrap with bacon. Secure bacon with a toothpick.
- In an oven-proof skillet, let oil or butter get hot, sear both sides of each filet on medium-high heat (about one minute per side).
- Remove skillet from stove and finish cooking in the preheated oven. Cook to desired doneness.
- 145 F = Medium Rare
- 160 F = Medium
- 170 F = Well Done
- While the steaks are cooking, combine all of the topping ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Remove filets from oven when desired doneness is achieved and top with blue cheese topping. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.